Saturday, November 20, 2010

Double Birthday Party


My girls birthday's are 10 days apart in November. This year Tabytha turned 9 and Jessi turned 2. We decided to have a joint birthday party for the girls. It was pretty low key, just family, but it was very nice. Tabytha picked the menu for the festivities and chose lunch meat, rolls and birthday cake (Chocolate cake with vanilla frosting). My mom made smokey Joe's and meatballs, we also had chips and dip and sodas.

My mom made Tabytha a 'Holly Hobbie" pillow and made Jessi a quilt. The quilt is very special because it's the 3rd one made with patches from the pattern she made for me when I was a teenager. The 4 corners of the quilt have a 'Precious Moments' bear sitting on a cloud from the original material used to make my quilt so many years ago. My mom also made a quilt for Tabytha when she was a baby using some precious moments squares, just like mine. This may not mean much to anyone, but it's beyond special for me. Tabytha's quilt and Jessi's quilt both contain squares from the very same material my mom used to make my quilt 16 yrs ago. All of our quilts are tied together and it's just for us girls. I hope when they're grown it'll mean as much to them as it does to me.

Tabby and Jessi got other wonderful gifts from everyone else who was there. It was actually a very nice day outside, weather wise, and before all our party guests arrived Charlie, our friend Harold and the kids all went outside and played a little football in the front yard. When my parents arrived my youngest sister, Hannah, joined in on all the fun and then my dad jumped in and played a bit, too.

All in all, the day was great and everyone had a good time celebrating the girls birthday and enjoying each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment