Sunday, April 3, 2011

Big Girl Bed


Now that the girls have their own rooms, I thought it was time for Jessi to get a 'big girl bed'. She's been in a crib the longest out of all 3 of my kids, but, because of the room sharing issue we've had it was best for Jessi to be in a crib to keep her out of Tabytha's stuff during nap/bedtime.

The very weekend the wall went up my friend posted on facebook that she was selling both of her kids toddler beds. What perfect timing!!! I emailed my friend and told her I wanted her daughters toddler bed for Jessi and she said it was all mine. We made arrangements for me to come pick it up the following Saturday.

I was so excited! I got the bed from my friend, who threw in some fitted sheets and blankets. I couldn't wait to get it home and set it up for Jessi. When we got home I left it in the bed of the truck while I disassembled the crib and brought the pieces outside. The toddler bed was still completely assembled from my friend. Tabytha helped me carry it back to Jessi's room and I put it in the spot where her crib used to be.

Jessi was squealing with delight at her new bed and played in it for quite awhile after putting it in her room. I was a little worried about her not adjusting to it very well at first when it was time to actually sleep in it for naps and bedtime. That night I got her all tucked into her new bed and set up a baby gate in the hallway so she wouldn't come out every 5 seconds (because of her new found 'freedom'). She cried one time after I turned off the light and that was because she didn't have her 'snuggle blanket' in bed with her. After I got it for her, gave her another goodnight kiss and turned out the light, she didn't make another peep.

She did great her first night in her new bed. Nap time the next day was a little bit of a different story. She didn't stay in her bed, but, she didn't cry and fuss to come out, either. She just played in her room until she fell asleep in the middle of the floor. She'll get the hang of it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment