Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Year Older


Friday was my 31st birthday. I still hadn't wrapped my head around turning 30 the year before and now I'm 31?!?! Well. Since I live out in the middle of nowhere and many friends don't like traveling so far to come out my way, I decided this year to get together with my friends closer to them and met up in Annapolis to have dinner and drinks with them.



My Mother-In-Law agreed to watch the kids overnight for us so Charlie and I could go out and have a good time. So, Saturday morning I got the kids dressed and ready packing up some clothes to spend the night at Gram's house. I've been wanting a new tattoo to represent my kids (now that I knew for sure I wouldn't be having anymore because I got my tubes tied after Jessi was born). So, since the kids would be with Gram all day Saturday I made an appointment to get my new tattoo before meeting up with my friends at TGIFriday's for dinner.



I told one of my girlfriends about my plans and she wanted a new tattoo also and we made plans to get our tattoo's done at the same time and hang out a bit. Another girlfriend wanted to join in and get a new one to go along with one she already had and our buddy who was riding with us over the bridge decided he wanted a new one, too. So, it turned out to be a tattoo "party" before dinner.



After we were all done getting inked we headed over to TGIFriday's to meet up with the other friends who were meeting us there. We were seated right away and those of us who were there went ahead and ordered our drinks and appetizers while we waited for the rest of our friends to show up.


Once everyone was there we ate and drank and had a great time talking and laughing together. There were about a dozen of us total. Charlie excused himself from the table at one point and went to ask the waiter if there was anyway to have the staff come and sing "Happy Birthday" to me. So, at the end of our meal our waiter came back with the other waiters and presented me with an ice cream sundae and sang Happy Birthday. It was a little embarrassing because I'm an adult and think that kind of thing should be reserved for kids, but, I did enjoy some of the ice cream sundae. =)



Some friends decided to head home after dinner and a couple of us decided to go somewhere else to enjoy some live music on the bay. Charlie and I had a really great evening and didn't get home until 1am! I really enjoyed the time I had with my friends celebrating another year of life. Looking forward to what joys 31 will bring me.


After we dropped the kiddies off at Gram's house Charlie and I headed over the bridge to the tattoo shop

No comments:

Post a Comment