Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

This year we spent Easter Sunday at my mother-in-law's house with Charlie's side of the family.  Charlie's mom, sister and I each brought a dish for dinner.  Mother-in-law made a ham and macaroni & cheese, sister-in-law made pineapple fluff and a cheesecake and I made homemade dinner rolls and cupcakes.


A few days ahead of time I also made Easter ornaments for a painting craft for the kids to do before dinner.  I brought paints, paint brushes and the ornaments.  I set up a folding table in the backyard, laid out newspaper and gave each kid a paint brush and some paint.  They went to town decorating the ornaments.  After all the decorations were painted they played around.  Sister-in-laws husband brought a small moon bounce for the kids to jump around in and my mother-in-laws neighbor had her grandkids visiting for the day and brought over some things to play with.


When dinner was ready we said goodbye to the neighbor and made our way inside, cleaned up the kids, said grace and enjoyed a delicious meal together.  After dinner sister-in-law hid some plastic easter eggs in the front yard and the kids had fun with a little easter egg hunt.  All in all, it was a wonderful day

No comments:

Post a Comment