Sunday, June 9, 2013

Still Celebrating

Growing up my family knew how to extend a birthday or holiday.  We'd have our birthday with cake and presents at home of course and the next time we went to visit with my extended family (grandparents, aunts and uncles) we'd celebrate again with more gifts and another round of singing "Happy Birthday" or wishing each other "Happy Thanksgiving" or "Merry Christmas".

Now that I'm married and have children of my own, these things still take place.  John celebrated his 6th birthday with me, Charlie, Tabytha and Jessi a few days ago on his actual birthday, then we celebrated again when he invited a couple friends to go to Chuck-E-Cheese and spend the night Friday night and now again, today, with the grandparents, Aunts, Uncle and a cousin.

Since Charlie and I redid/renovated our house a few months back I have been looking forward to having my family and Charlie's family over now that there's plenty of room for everyone to gather in the living room and now in the kitchen/dinning room.  Charlie grilled burgers and hot dogs, the kids all played in the pool and we all enjoyed each other's company and good conversation.  I love when we can all gather together for these special times and I love that my kids are creating the same kind of wonderful childhood memories I have of my own childhood when all my family was together.

No comments:

Post a Comment