Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleep Over At Grandma & Granddaddy's

Saturday morning I packed a couple bags, gathered up the kids and headed to my mom and dad's house. I don't get out of the house much and really just needed to get out of the house. I had talked to my mom a day or so before and she mentioned me bringing the kids over Saturday, staying the night and going to church with them Sunday morning. It sounded great to me. Charlie had to work Saturday and he had plans to work in the garage Sunday so he really wouldn't be missing much time with me and the kids. It gave him the opportunity to have a quiet house and not come home to a chaos like every other day when he gets home.

The kids and I got to my mom's around 11:30am. Hannah and Tabytha immediately went off to play, John found something to entertain himself and Jessica played with some toys my mom has kept since Bethany was a baby. Mom made the lunch for all the kids (chicken nuggets and french fries). After they ate I laid John and Jessica down for a nap and mom filled her baby pool for Tabytha and Hannah to splash around in for awhile. When John woke up from his nap he wanted to play outside as well. Mom has a sprinkler that looks like a sunflower. She got it set up in the front yard and John, Tabytha and Hannah all ran around and played in the water spraying out of the flower. I stayed out front to keep an eye on them and mom stayed inside to listen if Jessica woke up.

Mom made spaghetti and her homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner. All of us sat together and enjoyed a delicious meal. After dinner the kids went back to playing while mom, dad, Bethany and I looked up different things on 'YouTube'. Dad took a break to go out to the store real quick to get a few items needed for the next day and brought back Frosty's from Wendy's for all of us. It was a nice treat. It's been YEARS since I last had a frosty.

9pm rolled around and it was time for the little ones to go to bed. Hannah got her bible out and Dad sat on the floor with Hannah on one side and Tabytha on his other side. The rest of us sat around in the living room listening to dad. After the devotional we all gathered in Hannah's room for bedtime prayers.

Now, to put John and Tabytha to bed (Jessica was put to bed while dad was doing the devotional so she would get to sleep before I put John down to sleep in the same room.) Tabytha slept in Bethany's bottom bunk and John and I shared an air mattress in the school room along with Jessica who was in the pack-n-play.

Turned out to be a really bad teething night for Jessica. She was up several times throughout the night screaming which not only woke me up, but John, too. The first time I got her a bottle and she fell back asleep, but not long after that she was up again crying and screaming. I took her out of the pack-n-play and laid her in bed with me and John. John tried to make her feel better by petting her head and trying to give her kisses, but she wouldn't be still. After awhile she would wear herself out and finally doze off for a about 2 hours and then we'd do it all over again. The next morning while getting ready for the day mom discovered a top tooth that had broken through and 2 more teeth working their way to the surface of her gums.

Mom, dad and I collect all the kids and head off to church. Bethany and dad offer to stay in the nursery with John and Jessica while mom, Tabytha, Hannah and I sat in the sanctuary to listen to the service. John cried pretty much the whole time in the nursery because I wasn't there with him. Jessi was good. After church we went back to mom and dad's and had lunch and John and Jessi took a nap.

After naps and making sure all of our things are packed up Tabytha, John, Jessi and I head home. We had a really great time at our 'sleep over' at grandma and granddaddy's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment